About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Blogs, oh how I love thee.....

Today as I was surfing through my fav blogs I realized that I enjoy reading about the lives of others soooooo much. I think that mommys, whether you work at home or out of the house can get so self-involved in our own families. And blogs have allowed me to keep up with friends, make some new friends, read interesting and hilarious stories, and do it all when it is convenient for me. It doesn't replace the face to face conversations but it does keep me from feeling completely isolated from the rest of civilization. And I love that I have gotten back in touch with friends from the past. Its great!!!

So keep them coming.
BTW - My hubby does not understand blogs in any way. He has only read mine one time when he happened to get online when it was still up. He thinks I am crazy. But that is coming from a man that chooses to spend his days in tractors by himself. The only thing he looks up on the internet is tractors and toy tractors, books about tractors and the occassional CD. We are soooooo different, but it works. I love him so much.

Well, the oven is buzzing.....gotta go

5 comments:

T.M. said...

You are so right about this. I love seeing that the things we go through are normal. It makes me feel like it's not just me - it's how kids their age are. I also love the blogs from people without kids. I live through them for a minute or two but then I remember why I love my family and how I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Uncommon Blonde said...

I love blogs too! It's such a great community and it's fun to share in the lives of others and make new friends. I'm glad you're still blogging!

Aelon said...

Ditto all the way on paragraph one. You talking about hubby was funny. Sometimes they just don't get it:)

Mrs. Sofa said...

I love thee too! They take me away for a moment :)
Mu husband DOES NOT in any way get the blogging thing. I think he is jealous because he doesn't have access to it ;)
My husband would take everything so seriously when it comes to me trying to be funny about how I want to hurt him sometimes, ect...so it's best that he can't read it. Although sometimes things get back to him, but that's a whole other discussion :)

KT said...

i especially love reading yours! :)