About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hearts Farts

I was browsing Craigslist this evening for random stuff. And I came across an ironing board cabinet. It was wood with a heart cut out. Ugh..... I cannot stand things with hearts on them. Even as a little girl I did not like them. I am not sure why but the sight of them make me want to throw something. I have a hutch that my M-I-L gave us. I absolutley love it but it has a heart cut out in the top. So I decided to display some plates on it so I could cover it up. I have been given jewelry with hearts and I don't wear them at all. And in all honesty I am not a fan of things that look inherently girly. I don't wear girly clothes, I don't decorate with girly things. It is just not me. So it is probably a good thing I have sons.

Now I like girly things for other people. I have an incredibly hard time passing up a frilly little girls dress in an adorably girly hue. I think little girls rooms are so cute. And there was a time before I found out my first child was a boy that I fantasized about a girly nursery. But not anymore. I do look forward to doing girly things with my future nieces (if my brother or sister have any daughters).

I know that Uncommon Blonde is going to fall over but I have NEVER had a pedicure. And the only manicure I have ever gotten was for my wedding. I do not get my haircut regularly and don't color it because I won't get it done often enough. I have never been to a spa.

I love a good chick flick but I prefer a drama or comedy and I do enjoy action movies as well.

My favorite food in the whole world is carrots! I eat them every day. They are yummy. I am trying to eat a wider variety of veggies since I am getting older and need some nutritional reinforcement. But I am rather picky and it is a little harder than I thought.

Has anyone ever really looked at that food pyramid thing? How are you supposed to reduce portions and eat less and still eat everything on that list? It is craziness!!!

Not sure why in the world I wrote all of that. Some days I think that I don't care if anyone else ever reads my blog because I would really like to just be able to look back in several years when my boys are older to remember what our life was like during this season.

Have a good one!!

2 comments:

Kelly Bell said...

Oh, I am the exact same way about hearts! Just not my style at all. I have always told Clayton to never buy me anything with a heart on it, especially jewelry. He did give me a heart bracelet when I turned 16 but I loved it and still do.

Uncommon Blonde said...

I have to agree with you on the hearts. I love girly stuff but hearts are kind of cheesy to me. In more important matters though -never had a pedicure?!? If I lived near you I would be at your house today taking you out for an emergency intervention pedicure. It will change your life, I promise :)