About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Please Consider

Hello all, I just wanted to share somethat that I am really excited about. Over the course of the last few months the Lord has been speaking to my husband and I about giving to others. There are so many worthy causes and organizations so we prayed about where to give. Well the Lord led us to Compassion International (http://www.compassion.com/default.htm). A christian organization that feeds, clothes, educates and makes a huge difference in children across the globe. We both knew that this is what we were supposed to do. So I "clicked" my way through their site and signed up. We now have an extension of our family in Bangladesh. I cannot even begin to tell you how blessed I feel. In a day that we, as Americans are so focused on our own lack I think it would be a wonderful thing to truly take a look at what is going on across the globe. This little boy only needs $32 a month to be fed, clothed and educated. I think that is mind-blowing. And in the process he is being taught the truth of Gods word.

Then I was cruising through my fave blogs and came across http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

It is the story of a group of bloggers that are going to Calcutta to raise awareness for children that need sponsors. Please take a look. And please pray about sponsoring a child. If you have children already I think it is a good way to be constantly aware of how truly blessed we are.

Thanks for considering it. And imagine how different our world would be if we all followed the Lords commandment to love our neighbor as ourselves



2 comments:

Learning 4 Life said...

That's awesome! We sponsor a child through Compassion as well! We have a little boy from the Dominicon Republic that we have sponsored for almost 7 years now. It is such a blessing to get new photos of him and get his letters. God bless you :)

T.M. said...

We have something similar through our church - a student in India whose school/room/board we pay for. Our next goal in that area is to help pay for someone to attend seminary.