About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Night Fun.....

So it is Friday night and it feels like any other evening. Hey, all of you married ladies.....do you remember what it was like before you got married and the man in your life would plan to make the weekends fun and special? I mean, there were dinner dates, movie dates, driving to the lake just to talk dates. Why is that all that goes out the window after they have us. (disclaimer- I do realize that some of you may have a wonderfully romantic husband, if that is you, please do not leave a comment bragging about it, okay? LOL) Anyway, hubby & I watched "Fireproof" last Saturday. It was a great movie, by the way. Everyone should see it. Wait, I am probably the last to see it, right? Anyway, there were so many things that resonated with me on so many levels. As a woman it would be so nice for the hubby to "get it" and realize how much it means to feel special and pampered. He is a wonderful man and I love him so much. But he is still a man after all and the romantic stuff is just not his thing. Go figure......... Thank the Lord for girlfriends.

Have a great weekend!!!

5 comments:

T.M. said...

I feel ya! It's 7:30 and Kenn is still not home from taking E skiing. He spends more time alone with her than me lately. Haven't seen a movie in a while. He used to be romantic. :(

Mrs. Sofa said...

Hub feels the need to plan our weekends...sometimes I just wanna be lazy and do nothing. Hub and Daws are out and about while the girls sit at home and be girly(or lazy...whatever you want to call it) ;)

Shell said...

I haven't seen it yet :)

KT said...

haven't seen it either...boo!
my hubby aint romantic either...double boo!

Aelon said...

Too funny...Alan and I watched Fireproof last Saturday too. If it makes you feel better, he ACTUALLY tried to bring up taking me to the Daytona 500 for Valentine's Day...ain't happening.