About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Where Are Your Clothes?

My youngest has started stripping his clothes off so he can pee on the floor, the bed, etc. Yesterday morning I went in his room to get him out of bed and he had peed through his diaper and his pajamas and onto the bed. No biggee, right? All kids do that at some point. So I stripped his bed and washed the sheets, blankets and mattress pad. Then at nap-time he went down with no problems.I didn't hear him for almost 30 minutes so I thought he was sleeping. Wrong.... he finally started calling out for me to "come see". When I got in there he was buck naked and had peed on the bed.....on purpose. So I go through the strip down routine again. Then he did the same thing this morning before he called out so we knew he was awake. I am glad that he is recognizing the pee sensation and associating it with getting undressed. I just wish he would call out before he pees on something so we can get him to the potty. I guess it will come with time. Oh, he also did the strip down thing on New Years Day at my moms. Except he stripped the whole bed too. Luckily that day I caught him before he peed everywhere.

This morning I am feeling a little agitated. I would say that I don't know why but that would be a lie. I have alot of stuff swirling around in my head. I am trying to be supportive of my husbands latest career move but am still feeling a little apprehensive. So I am trying to leave it in the Lords hands and let him do his thing. The Lord has continued to provide for us, he always does.

So I am redecorating the house. I started yesterday. We had wallpapered the kitchen when we moved in here over 7 years ago. And while it is very pretty, I was ready for a change. So I tore it all down yesterday. Then I decided that I wanted a wall gone to open up the kitchen. That should be done on Monday or Tuesday. Then I can proceed with painting. I only wish I had the money to change the countertops. Then it would look completely different. Then I will be painting the living room. I have always disliked the walls in here but was too chicken to paint them. They are real heart pine plank tongue and groove paneling. It is alot prettier than the cheap paneling you buy but it is still dark and ugly. And I have been wanting to paint them since we moved in but didn't want to do it in case we decided to sell the house. But it looks like we will be here for a while still. Which is fine with me, I like our house. It seems to be getting smaller as our boys get bigger but what house doesn't, right? So I will be doing more of all that today.

I have been listening to my oldest sweetie sneeze his head off this morning. Unfortunately the kiddo inherited my allergies. The poor little guy....he will come and ask me for some Claritin. When I took him for allergy testing he was really allergic to several things.....dust mites (so we took out the carpet) live oak trees ( our house is surrounded) bahia grass (a huge hay field behind our house) and dogs (no we will not have one). I don't know what is bothering him today but whatever it is bugging me too. Between he and I we must have sneezed around 100 times already.

Well, I better go get dressed so I can get to work.

1 comment:

Kaylor said...

We have the real pine walls to, I hate them and would LOVE to paint them, but hubby says no, he loves them! :-(