About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Progress Update

The painting is going well. I really like how it is turning out. I want to do a happy dance about the fact that the dark cave paneling is gone. It feels so much lighter and brighter. Now I am working on painting the dining room & kitchen. And also rearranging the furniture. Living in chaos right now but it will be worth it.

I am so tired of hearing and seeing commercials and such about losing weight. It annoys me. But enough about that.

Anyone else see the absurd "Snugglie"? Apparently is a blanket with sleeves so it keeps your hands free. They even show the people wearing them at a football game. Absurd!

I am totally excited about the new season of American Idol starting tomorrow night. Can't wait.

Oh! I am starting a new Bible study tomorrow night. It is called "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. I am looking forward to it. I will try to post what I learn.

And on that note, I am reading a really good book called "If Momma Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy". It is a great book about joy and making the choice to rejoice. I am loving it so far. I would recommend it to every mommy, wife, daughter, friend, etc.

Have I mentioned lately that I absolutley LOVE being a stay at home mommy? I know that it isn't for everyone but for me there is no other choice. I am so grateful and thankful to my hubby who supports me in this decision. He works so hard so I don't have to leave my babies. The time will come too soon when they are not with me every day and I want to treasure every day and moment until then. I feel that it is my duty and my God given responsiblity to raise them up and train them in the ways of the Lord. But more importantly it is my pleasure to do so. And I don't care what anyone else says.....being a stay at home mommy is making a huge contribution to our society. I think it is absurd for someone else to make a living taking care of my children when I would be working just to pay them for doing it. Here is a concept.....how about me watch them for free. And before anyone out there reading gets offended, that is not my intent. I am just very blessed and want to express that. Afer all, it is my blog.

Well, I should probably go to bed before I go off on a tangent about something else.

Hoping that everyone has a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

Hey I want one of those Snugglies!! ;) I dislike reaching out for something and my hands/arms get cold.
Now I want to check out that book! Because it is true if Momma ain't happy no one is!
And I love being a SAHM too. I know it's not for everyone and everyone's not able to do it, but I just can't understand any other way. I am SO very thankful for this priviledge!

Aelon said...

I kept thinking to myself if anyone else had seen the awful Snugglie commercial. It is on ALL the time. And seriously, what grown man would wear one in public? They are wayyy cheesy. I am thankful that I am able to stay at home as well. Sometimes it just gets a little lonely:)

Learning 4 Life said...

My brother and I make fun of those Snugglies all the time. I don't think there is any man (or woman for that matter) out there that would actually wear that to a football game!!! And all that stay-at-home-mom stuff...AMEN SISTER! :) Oh, and one more thing... that Breaking Free Bible study is awesome! Can't wait to hear all your thoughts :)