About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Girly Day

Today was a "girly" day. I took my little angels to their grannys house for the day. Then picked up my mom and my sister (plus awesome nephew) for a day together. We went to the fabric store. Yippee!!! I absolutely love fabrics and seeing and touching the different colors, textures, combinations. I was looking for fabrics for my house. I went with something in mind and ended up with fabrics that were even better. Plus they were having a sale. Double Yippee!! I ended up getting it all for around 75% off. I couldn't have planned it better myself. I think it is so cool when things fall into place like that. I know that some people might call it coincidence but I call it the favor of the Lord. I think he takes pleasure orchestrating things in the lives of his children. Especially when we are seeking him and asking him to guide us. So call it what you want but I will be believing that the Lord loves me enough to set this day up for me.

Us ladies went to lunch and then to a bakery for some delicious delectables. So yummy!! Gotta love cannolis. We even prayed that the fat of our desserts would not go to the hips after passing the lips. hahaha That time I am kidding. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to think that he would undo the consequences of willful behavior.

So I am still working on the house and while some things are progressing I am finding other things that I need to do. Like rearranging the kitchen cabinets. Reorganizing the boys rooms. Go through closets and drawers and get rid of unwanted items. But at least I am staying busy.

Oh!!! Last night my hunky hubby helped me move one of the beds out of our Big boys room into our little boys room. Currently he still is sleeping in a crib but with moving things around I decided that I wanted to go ahead and move it. So he jumped on it and played on it for a while. Then I gave the boys baths. After his bath he went in the living room and told his daddy "night-night" and then went straight to his new "big-boy" bed and pulled up the covers. So cute!!! So that is where he slept last night. I was totally NOT ready for this. He is my baby. But the bigger issue is that he is part monkey and part mouse. I am not 100% comfortable knowing that he is ranging free is he so chooses in the middle of the night. Hopefully my mommy sonar will not begin to fail me now. I usually hear him if he starts making noise.

Well, gotta go. I am hoping that hubby will let me have the TV soon so I can watch CSI. Tonight is supposed to be Grissoms last night. I am anxious ot watch it.

3 comments:

T.M. said...

I can't wait to see pictures... or see it person in a couple of months!! :D
We moved Eric to a twin bed recently since we need to bring the crib back to my mom. *sniff*

Shell said...

Gates! After the boys moved into the big boy beds we had to use a tension gate or a few months. Good luck and Enjoy the Crib fee house.

KT said...

sounds like a GREAT day!