About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Brand New Day

As I was sitting at the breakfast table yesterday morning with my two favorite little people, my oldest stopped munching on his Lucky Charms and said to me, "It's a brand new day". I asked him what he said and of course, he repeated "It's a brand new day" but he added an emphasis of "MOMMY" at the end. I was floored. I didn't know what prompted this revelation so I asked him where he heard that. My looked me in the eyes and said "In my ears". Too cute. Is is possible that my 3 year old has been able to tell that I have been a bit down? And is it possible that God used this 3 year old to remind me that every day is brand new and that I get to decide how to live that day out? It was a total wake-up call. I had already begun feeling a less funky which I attribute to the prayers of my blogging buddies. Thanks!!! And it says in the Bible that "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!" So there it is, and here I am pressing on, looking ahead and waiting for the newness of each morning and the blessings and opportunties that come with each one. That is all I can do. I have to leave the rest up to the Lord. And to think that my sweet son is the one that was able to get through my self-pity and self-centeredness. Isn't God good?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes they really know exactly what to say.

KT said...

makes me want to cry! God is SO Good!! :)
GLAD YOU'RE BACK :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't think Daws saw me crying, but he did and said 'why you crying mommy? no crying mommy, no crying'
I know it's ok to cry, but to hear him say that made me perk up :)

Anonymous said...

Kids are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I believe that God does indeed use our little ones to tell us things or show us things. There's no filter in thier little minds......when they hear it "in thier ears" they just say it. Glad you're feeling better.

Kaylor said...

I told my hubby about this story last night, I just thought it was so neat to hear!!!!
Truly from the mouths of babes!