About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Stop Running around or you.....

will mess up the stripes!!!!

I heard myself say this earlier while vaccuming. My boys were having fun playing tag with the vaccum and I found myself going back over their footprints. So, after doing this over and over again I finally freaked out and told them to "Stop running around, your messing up the stripes".

Ok, it may be just me..but doesn't that sound like a cry for help to you? I mean, seriously, do I have to be able to see the stripes after vacuuming? Up until today I thought YES!!! Now I think that I need to loosen up and just be glad that I have kids that can run around and drive me crazy. They are so funny and energetic and I am so blessed to have them in my life. So what if I never have perfect carpet ever again. I think that they are definitely worth it.

So, today was my birthday and while we are all celebrating tomorrow I thought that I would make a list of 29 things that I either love, am thankful for or just am quite fond of. (in no particular order)

#1 - God and his loving presence in my life

1. My hubby!!!
2. My two boys!!!
3. My sister
4. My brother
5. My parents
6. Chocolate
7. My home
8. Friends
9. My car
10. Spring time
11. Fall and the changing of the leaves
12. Huge Redwood trees
13. The rays of sun that shine down between the clouds
14. The smell of my children right after their bath
15. The smell of my children after they have been outside
16. Watching my husband with our sons
17. Our church
18. Reading!!
19. Singing and playing the piano
20. My grandparents, both sets
21. The beach
22. The mountains
23. Epcot
24. My children laughing
25. Really good food
26. Praising the Lord
27. Visiting with friends
28. Pictures, I have oodles of them
29. The Lord, because without Him I would have none of these things. He is the reason I am alive and able to experience life. I love Him!!

And thank you to all of you for the well wishes. I absolutely love this blogging thing. I don't think I have ever had this many "girl" friends in my life. LOL

1 comment:

T.M. said...

HA HA! I freak about stuff like that too.