About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good bye 28

Tomorrow is my 29th birthday. I am having mixed feelings about this birthday. On one hand, it is just another day and I think to freak out about it would be silly. But on the other hand it brings me one step closer to "30". It doesn't seem that long ago that I thought that 30 was ancient. Boy, was I wrong. I also have mixed feelings every year when my birthday rolls around. My sister and I always celebrated our birthdays together. She would be turning 22 this year if she were still with us. So, sometimes I think I would like to just forget about my birthday all together. Not to dishonor her memory or anything.....it just is hard sometimes to celebrate when all I can think about is how she should still be here and she's not. And that really stinks!!! Happy birthday lil' sis!

After admiring Mrs. Sofa's beautiful confectionary masterpieces, I decided to try my hand at cake decorating. She gave me the recipe for the fondant and icing. And while the cake tasted good, it was not exactly what I had imagined in my mind. I was going for a spring flower on the top and it came off looking like a limp poinsetta. LOL!! So, practice, practice, practice. However, I am wondering about this new hobby because it seems that I have been eating my homework quite often. If I keep this up, I might end up having to find a friend named "Jenny" to help me recover from my practicing. I wish I enjoyed things like running, exercising, etc. That would be a beneficial hobby. Anyway, I will keep on trying and hope to find homes for my practice cakes. That way I won't eat the entire thing. hahahaha!!!

By the way, Mrs. Sofa, we had a wonderful time yesterday!!! The boys are already asking to see you guys again. So we will need to get together soon. PS. I hope you cake turned out great!!!! And for all of you other bloggers out there, check out her site SofaBulous Sweets. And make sure you use her for your next function, party, etc. She makes tasty cakes that are works of art.

That is it for now. Have a wonderful weekend!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I know what you mean, 30 used to feel so far away! I hope you have a GREAT birthday!

Anonymous said...

Sorry...I don't know why my name didn't show up! :)

Uncommon Blonde said...

Happy Birthday to you! Have a wonderful day. I know what you mean about 30 seeming young now, it's all about perspective.

Did you take pics of your cake? You & Mrs. Sofa could start a bakery :)

Mrs. Sofa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! The great thing for you is that you look no where near 29...I was thinking more like 21 ;) You look GREAT!

Thanks for the 'plug' about the cakes! Maybe soon I will be able to do more with it, til then just orders from family and friends.

We had so much fun Wed. Got some cute pics I'll try to send soon. This bad weather makes our internet SLOW. Can't wait to get together again. Yall are welcome anytime over here :)

T.M. said...

Happy Birthday!

And the rest of you hush... "that" birthday is only a few months away for me. LOL

KT said...

HAPPPY HAPPPPY BDAY!!!

Aelon said...

I have been out of the loop but still wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!