About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Armed Forces Day

Well, I was looking at my calendar earlier and noticed that today is Armed Forces Day. I am ashamed to admit that I did not know that it was coming up. I am also ashamed to admit how quickly the members of the Armed Forces and their families slip my mind. So I thought that I would take a moment to expound on all of the things I appreciate about our soldiers and their families.

1. Their willingness to sacrifice everything for those of us here at home. (even if it goes unappreciated)
2. Their wilingness to go so far from home to protect our home land and our home freedom.
3. Their loyalty to our country.
4. Their integrity in doing the job even if they don't agree with why they are doing it.
5. The sacrifice of being away from their families so I can spend every day with mine. (a tough one, I know)
6. Going to the aid of those less fortunate.
7. Being so strong and dedicated.
8. Doing everything in their power to uphold the foundations upon which this country was founded.
9. Making the tough calls and decisions for the greater good of all.
10. I am thankful that they are so strong and selfless that they are doing what I don't think I could.


Thank you to all of our armed forces and their families. I know that we, as a nation, do not do enough to show our appreciation and gratitude. And for that I am sorry. My prayer is that we will see what you do without getting bogged down in the bureacracy of the whys. (politics)

Thank you and we pray safety and protection over you all and you families. I would also like to say thank you to the familes that are currently waiting on the return of a family member. Your sacrifice astounds me. Your strength and selflessness is to be admired. I pray that the time will go by quickly for you all. I also pray that our soldiers will be able to come home soon.

3 comments:

Aelon said...

Very nice of you. You never truly know the sacrifice until you are on the "inside" and see it firsthand. They are the real heroes.

Uncommon Blonde said...

Well said (written). I too am grateful for their sacrifice and I don't pause and actually appreciate it enough.

Claire said...

That was beautifully said and very appreciated from a sister of a Marine who went in to the armed forces at only age 17. Sidenote he is also SocialChick and SingerChick's bro-in-law..Thanks Again:)