About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why?

In between loads of laundry I have been thinking...okay maybe stewing is a better word about all of the "stuff" that has been happening lately around our household and family. We all have those days when we feel like the entire universe has consprired to just dump on us. And to be honest I seem to be swinging from that sentiment to the knowledge that God is in control and can work everything for our good. I wish I could say that I am standing confidently and without wavering on the latter but that would not be accurate. I know what the Word of God says and I can look back over my life and see how it is most definitely true. But staying in that place of faith has been proving difficult these past few weeks.

I found myself asking the ever popular question "WHY?" You know, why us?, why now?.....

Obviously I cannot answer these questions myself. And so I have been stewing.

But then I heard something that has awakened me. Not sure if I heard someone say it, or if I read it or if it was a random thought floating through my brain but here it is............

Why not us?

I have been so sure that it has all been a set up to just mess with us that I hadn't considered that things happen and we may never know why. Really? What could be so great about me, hubby and our family that it would make us completely immune to all trials and hardships and "stuff"? The answer is nothing.

So instead of taking all of this so personal I have decided to just accept it and move on trusting that I may never know why it happened and just trust that the Lord will in fact work it all out in our favor, in accoradance with His will, knowing that He knows what we need and how to best accomplish it all.

Looking forward to seeing how My Father God is going to work it all out.

1 comment:

kpjara said...

I'm sad to admit I'm one of those people who get caught up with the "Why Me's"...and I've never really thought, until today, "WHY NOT ME?" GO figure.

Thanks for sharing this. I hope your doing well following your accident. I had a pretty bad one a couple of years ago and felt the same thing about the smoke from the airbag...it's a weird feeling, not even thinking about the car being ON, just wanting to get out alive.