About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Another Miracle

Yep, another one.

Today I was in an automobile accident. It could have been alot worse than it was and I am so thankful for the Lord watching over and protecting me and my family today.

We all know that my car quit working over a week ago. My hubby borrowed a work truck and has been letting me drive his huge big humongously large diesel dually truck. He loves that truck. It has this huge "ranch hand" contraption on the front that I have teased him mercilessly about since he put it on there. So anyway that is what I have been driving if I need to leave the house.

A friend needed me to help her pack today so she could move next week. I didn't really want to take my boys with me since we would be very busy so my hubby had them at work with him today. That is not normally something he would do. I normally have the boys every day all day. Everywhere I go.

So I got done helping my friend pack and was on my way to pick up the boys, driving like a normal person, going the speed limit in the slow lane when a truck pulled out in front of me. Well needless to say I slammed on the brakes and still ended up hitting the side of his truck. Just about took the bed of his truck off. My airbag deployed freaking me out. I thought the dust was smoke and assumed the truck was on fire. The driver side door was crumpled up and jammed so I couldn't get out of it. I managed to crawl out the passenger door and realized that my glasses were not on my face at all. I hopped back in the truck to retrieve them and to turn the truck off. In my head I was thinking that it might keep it from blowing up.....as if.

Thankfully a police man showed up even before I could get across traffic to the side of the road. He was so nice and calm and the paramedics were great too. I managed to walk away with only some "rug burn" type burns on my arm from the airbag. I am a little stiff, of course but I am completely fine. The other guy is fine as well.

And while it is not ideal that there was an accident I am competely overwhelmed with the providence of the Lord that orchestrated the events as they happened. I never drive hubbys truck. But I did today. The policeman told me that the "ranch hand" contraption on the front of the truck probably saved me. It is so heavy duty that it took most of the impact. The truck is most likely totaled. I don't even want to think about what could have happened if I had been in my Pathfinder.

I also did not have the boys with me today. Miracle #2. So thankful they were not in the truck. They have been spared the trauma of it all. They think daddys truck just quit working like mommas did.

So many things lined up to protect me and my family today. Words don't even begin to express my relief and thanks. I know that angels were riding with me today. No one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

So we will have some "stuff" to sort out in regards to our vehicles, both of which are not running now. But they are just things. The important thing is that we are all okay and that I am here and healthy to see another day.

Praise the Lord!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Made me feel sick to even read about it but am so thankful you are Ok, the boys weren't with you and you were driving Trey's truck with that thing on the front--------still feel shakey for what could have been but praising God for his protection. Love you

T.M. said...

Now I know why you were on my mind yesterday. Praise God you are ok. Things can be replaced.

Learning 4 Life said...

I'm glad you're ok! That is scary, but God definitely had His hand in that one! We've been in the "same boat" recently with both of our vehicles out of commission, but God will work those things out as well! You'll be in our prayers!!!