About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Time Out

I am sitting in my living room by myself enjoying "the quiet". I have never been a person that valued and sought out silence. I always have a CD going or the radio on or the TV blaring. It just seemed to make my day better somehow. But that was before I had 2 little boys that make noise ALL DAY LONG. Some of their noises are funny and pleasant and then other times it is just aggrivating and annoying. But I have found that any of the noises they make are much more tolerable and even enjoyable if there isn't cluttered background noise. I get more frustrated with them when I have something on that I am trying to listen to. So I have been trying to be in the moment with them and pay attention to what is going on. Funny thing has happened. I am learning alot about my little guys. They are so loving and caring toward one another. That is until one of them decides to clock the other one in the head with a tractor. Then they fuss. But they have been talking alot this week about forgiveness. I have heard them ask each other to forgive them. Melts a mommas heart. They communicate in ways I don't understand. They are so special and I am realizing that I have taken alot of our days together for granted. There are so many wonderful and unique traits in both of them and it is amazing to see how God is developing them.

So I am enjoying the quiet and thinking that is in these moments of stillness and calm that we can truly sense the Lord best in our lives. He is here with us always. And most times we are seeking Him when it is loud and chaotic around us. But to be still and quiet before Him, seeking Him and what He has to say. That is when we learn what He is all about. I have learned that this week by listening to my boys. If I keep the busyness and the noise around me I am missing moments I will never get back. It is the same with our Heavenly Father. Yes, He wants our praise and our worship. But He also wants us to crawl up in His lap and just lean against His chest and trace His face with our fingers and begin to really know Him for who He is, not just for what He does for us. I love it when my boys are in the middle of playing, like only little boys can, and then they suddenly stop and seek me out to tell me that they love me and want a hug and to sit with me. I know they are not coming in that moment for what they can get from me but just to be with me and to express their love to me. I know that God desires the same from us. And I have been guilty of not taking the time to do just that. I have stayed busy with the "stuff" and forgot about the "just cuz I love you time".

I am so grateful that the Lord continues to be patient, continues to beckon, continues to love me without condition, and continues to teach and to reveal Himself to me even through things that might seem ordinary. He made me so He knows me and how I tick. He knows how to speak to me and how to encourage me. He designs lessons just for me. He designs lessons just for you. He loves you and me that much.

So I will sit and enjoy the quiet.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sofa said...

I enjoy quiet. I don't understand those people who can't be alone...ever. :)
I enjoy my alone time and quiet time...what little bit I have.