About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"What About Bob?"

I feel like I need to sit down with my heater and my blanket and a huge bag of Reeces Pieces and watch "What About Bob" today. Maybe it is hormones but I feel like I am climbing the walls today. I am agitated and just not myself.

In the movie Bob is focused too much on all the things that could go wrong in his life. It consumes him. His therapists tells him to take "baby steps" to a different reality. To focus on just the next step so he doesn't get overwhelmed with looking at the big picture. I think I need to do the same. There is so much to think about and to do that I am overwhelmed. Add that to the fact that my hormones are funky and I feel like I can collapse into a ball on the floor and just cry. Cry for no other reason than just I think I would feel better to do it.

In the movie Bob therapist also tells him to take a vacation from his problems. Maybe I need to do that today. Just leave all the stuff I am supposed to do and take my little guys outside and pretend that we are somewhere else without laundry, bathroom remodeling and other responsibilities looming over my head. Think it would work? Maybe, we will see.

Ah man, a song just came on and I can feel the tears rising up. Gotta go.
Feeling like the Lord is just wanting to love on me right now.

3 comments:

T.M. said...

Me too. xo

Celia said...

Hi... we are excited and happy to be moving to Cairo. We'll have to have you guys up after the work is done and we move in. Should be a few more months still, but we'll keep you guys posted! Hope you all are doing well!!! :)

Mrs. Sofa said...

I have days just like that!