About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just Breathe

Today I took the monumental step of enrolling my oldest son in school. It has been a tough and painstaking process for the hubby and I. And while I know that he won't start school until August it still hurt my heart a little bit today knowing that he is growing up so fast. Many moms out there reach the hurdle of leaving your little person in the care of someone else earlier. And my heart goes out to them. I have known that this time in our lives was coming but it has arrived much sooner than I anticipated. The time that I have been able to spend with him has been precious and irreplacable. I know that I will never look back on this time of our lives and regret the decision to spend these years at home with my sweet little guys. It has taken sacrifices in many ways but for us there just wasn't any other option. And yes, I do miss adult interaction some days but not enough to go to work everyday and leave them with someone else. It has just been the right decision for us. I can't know what is best for someone else. And if I am honest I know that I would have to have some high paying job to be able to pay for childcare and still have money to drive every day the 20 miles to the nearest town to work. Enough about that.

So back to my little guy going to school. We have found a wonderful Christian school in a neighboring town where he will attend. We are excited to think that he will be learning about the Lord while learning reading, writing and math and science. It just makes sense for us. Jesus is such a huge part of our lives that we wanted the education of our children to include him as well. Once again, it is the right choice for us.

My sweet little man is so excited about going to school and I know that he is ready. He loves to learn and I cannot wait to see how he will thrive in such an environment. His little brother is going to be lost without though I think. So momma and littlest man will have lots of bonding time. I think it will be nice. I haven't had the same one on one opportunities with him that I did with his older brother.

Life is change. Guess I need to embrace it and love it.

Loving me life!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Sofa said...

Is this the same school we were talking about before?
If so, did you do half or full?
I made sure my husband is taking off for the 1st day of school, mainly to pick me up off the floor and comfort me while my baby is there. I told him I'm not leaving the parking lot for the 1st week of school.