About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Some Plans....

The hubby & I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary this year. And we thought that renewing our vows would be a great way to celebrate. After all as I look back over the past 10 years I realize that we had absolutley no idea what we were saying the first time around. We were naive and so focused on the party afterward that we weren't really putting as much focus on the vows we made before God and everybody as we should have. We knew there would be good times, and just knew that the "bad times" they mentioned were for someone else. We were banking on the "healthy" part and were hoping to avoid the "sickness". And most definitely we were focusing on the "richer" part. Well after nearly a decade of marriage I have realized that you have to take the good with the bad, there will be sickness and health, and we are still waiting on the richer part. The important thing is that we are together, we are more in love with each other than ever before. We have finally grown into our relationship. We have moved past the "I" and now are a "we". I want to look into my husbands eyes and say our vows again, this time knowing and understanding what we are committing to. Will it mean that we won't have issues and problems? Nope, but it will a reminder that we are together because we choose to be and because of that we will choose to work out whatever needs to be worked out.

Our anniversary is still a few months away but I just wanted to mention it today. I also wanted to mention that I am on a quest to lose 20 pounds before our anniversary. I want to look beautiful and feel beautiful. And right now neither of those is happening......My mom told me yesterday (in a loving motherly way) that I needed a make-over. Ouch! She wasn't being mean or anything. I think she just was mentioning that I am not living up to my potential in the beauty department. So I will be starting a new "lifestyle change" I guess.

Now I need to go clean my house. Seriously, it is not a pretty sight today.

6 comments:

T.M. said...

Has it really been 10 years? I remember where I was 10 years ago... it has really flown by.

L. said...

That is exciting

-Lauriel

Celia said...

Congrats (early)!

Mrs. Sofa said...

Dang, 10 years, that's awesome! We are waiting for that richer part too ;)

BabyMakes4 said...

I think that's awesome. I've always been told that renewing your vows means there was something wrong with your marriage, but you really help explain it in a new light. It doesn't mean there's something wrong, it just means it's even better now than it was before! I think that's great.

kpjara said...

Congrats on 10 years and at least your Mom didn't say anything in front of the "What Not To Wear" hosts while getting you a makeover!

Yours posts are great!