About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Momzilla on the loose!!!

I woke up this morning and the sun was hiding, my kids were whining, my hair just would not do right. My pants are too tight, I have over plucked one eyebrow, my house looks like a bomb went off. Did I mention that the sun is hiding?
If there were a soundtrack playing in the background it might sound like the theme from Jaws with a little pirate garble thrown in for effect.
I have no reason to feel ticked off, but I do. I am not homeless, I am not hungry, I am not thirsty, I have enough clothes, even if they don't fit right now because of the over abundance of food in my house, I am not cold....we have electricity and heat. I am not struggling to pay bills on my own while having to be mom and dad to my two sons. I am not worrying about a loved one that is fighting a war so far away. I am not having to beat the pavement looking for a job. I don't have to borrow money to pay my bills or ride public transportation. So what is my problem? I think it is because I woke up this morning like so many other mornings.....feeling so selfish and self-centered that it makes it almost impossible to see things the way God does. The Word of God says that we must renew our minds. It doesn't just happen. It also says what things to dwell on. So here they are:
Whatever is true
Whatever is worthy of reverance
Whatever is honorable and seemly
Whatever is just
Whatever is pure
Whatever is lovely and lovable
Whatever is kind
Whatever is winsome
Whatever is gracious
Whatever is virtuous
Whatever is excellent
Whatever is worthy of praise
Think on and weigh and take account of these things!

So basically I haven't been thinking on the right things. I have so much to be thankful for, so many blessings are mine. Will things always be perfect? No, but I know the Perfector! And He says He will perfect and finish what He has begun. I know it to be true from looking back over my life. Now if I can just stand on that.

The sun may not be shining but its okay, because the Son of God outshines it all anyway.

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

We all have these days - hang in there!

Mrs. Sofa said...

I blame my hormones :) I can predict the days when I'm going to feel that way. I know my hormones are about to run their course.