About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Battle Potty is on!

Yesterday morning my litte guy woke up with a pretty good attitude and the clouds aligned and we both decided that it was "the day". The beginning of the Potty Battle. He has done so well with peeing in the potty. I remind him sometimes and other times he just goes in there on his own. At times I thought I saw a ray of sunshine shining on his golden hair as he sat on his throne. Score for Pierce! And momma was feeling pretty good too.

Then round 2-today. Still doing great with wearing his big boy underwear and peeing in the potty. And no accidents at all. Then he told me that his belly hurt. Uh-oh. I had flashbacks to 2 years ago and potty training with his brother. We had such a time with Reid that we ended up at he doctor and Urgent Care more times than I care to count. So this time I decided to try to nip it in the bud. You know.....have him start the #2 before it was a problem. I guess I was a day too late. He sat on the potty and absolutely refused to go. Apparently he is a bit constipated from not going and now it hurts to try. Yippee!

So I gave him some Miralax. It was the miracle that got us through the ordeal with his brother. Hopefully it will kick in and Pierce will decide that being a big boy isn't so traumatic.

So proud of him though!!!! He is doing so well. And I love him so much!!

4 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

wishing you lots of patience ;)
i hope we are on the outskirts of battle potty.
ava has been going on the potty for a while, but we are still not diaper-free at nap and nightime.

Aelon said...

I'm not even close. Sometimes we use the like father, like son example and he is more than willing to say bye, bye pee pee when it's daddy but he isn't having it. He just turned 2 so I'm not super stressed yet. Good luck:)

T.M. said...

The things mommys get excited about! Eric was doing ok but suddenly decided he only likes diapers and could tell me no any time I suggested otherwise. Gotta love the 2 year olds.

Celia said...

Girl... you are scaring me with this whole potty training thing....