About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, October 10, 2008

My sweeties

Well, today I am feeling completely overewhelmed by the blessing of my children. So many days, I am bombarded by the things that they do that drive me crazy. But the truth is that even in those moments, I am truly blessed. Blessed that my husband and I could conceive them, blessed that they are healthy, blessed that they can see, hear, talk. Blessed that I am able to be at home with them during these precious years that I will never be able to get back. I love the way their minds work, I love seeing them learn new things everyday. I am amazed at the wonder in their eyes as they realize that they can do something on their own, without mommas help. I love watching their interactions and how they play together. I love seeing them work things out together. They do have moments of fussing and fighting, of course. But the tenderness of quickly forgiving and embracing is a good lesson for all of us. They are so similar yet sooooo different. If they both didn't have blond hair and blue eyes I don't think you would even think they were related. Big brother is so sensitive and yes, dramatic. But I see how the Lord can use that tender spirit to His glory. And little brother is so intense and vibrant. I am praying that the Lord will harness that energy into something wonderful for Him.

It is interesting how your thoughts and prayers change after you have children. Maybe God gives them to us so that we will finally realize that we are truly not the center of our universe. LOL I can only now begin to understand what a immense gesture of love it was for our Lord to give His Son to be sacrificed. I do not hink that I would be able to do that, especially for people that hate me, persecute me and curse me. I don't think we will ever be able to understand the full measure of Gods love here on earth. However I am living because of it. I am in fellowship with him because of it. And I have the tremendous blessing of my children because of it.

I watched "The Passion of the Christ" not long after I had our first son. I had seen it before but my eyes were opened to a completely different part of the story as I watched it as a new mom. Jesus mother, Mary was completely human. Oh, how her heart must have broken as she watched her son suffer agony for those who hated him. She knew what a blessing he was, not just to her, but to mankind. But it still must have been like having her heart ripped out and stomped on. She knew the purpose of his life was to restore but I am sure she had very different ideas about how that could happen.

Our children are such blessings from God. They are on loan to raise and train up in the Lord. I pray that I not get so self-absorbed that I forget that fact. I love them so much!!! How it grows daily. I am off to go play with big brother while lil' brother naps. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet!
I may complain now and then, but I always remember how truly blessed I am!!!
Not only do we raise them, but they raise us in return!!