About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, October 6, 2008

The God I Serve

is bigger than a struggling economy. The God I serve is bigger than high gas prices and lost jobs.

And no matter what anyone else thinks, a bail-out, a new president or even lower gas prices will not make any difference in our country if we do not first look to God and ask Him what His desire is for our great country. Everything that this country was founded upon is under attack. We need to fight back.

The past several weeks have begun an eye opening experience for me personally in alot of areas. The bottom line is that God desires to do His will here on earth but He needs believers, you and I do carry it out. I have been convicted of my complacancy and "it'll work out eventually" attitude. Now is the time to pray and to take action. I may be talking only to myself here but I needed to put this in print to make myself accountable.

God has some big plans but we have to listen to His voice to find out what they are and then be obedient to truly see them fulfilled the way He intends.

Today is hubbys last day at his job. Please continue to pray for peace, guidance, wisdom and discernment to know Gods will for our lives. I think the biggest thing we are learning right now is that whatever we might have had planned for our lives isn't as important as being in the center of Gods will. And we are also learning to trust and wait on His timing. Kind of excited about what God is about to do.

2 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

I'm excited for you too!

I love to look back and remember when it seemed like nothing was working out for us - and it was for a darn good reason...something better was waiting for us.

T.M. said...

I think you are right. We were given a wake up call 9-11-2001 and just 7 years later, most people are back to their usual ways. We turn our backs on God, He will do the same.