About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Love Fall

This past week there have been several mornings that have had that "crisp fall Feeling." I love it!!! I love smelling the air when it starts turning cool. I love that you can smell people burning leaves, etc. I also love that the humidity level decreases. I love when the leaves start changing colors. They are soooo beautiful. And my favorite thing is that I get to wear fall clothes. While I do enjoy a nice flip-flop in the warm weather months, I absolutely HATE summer clothes. I do not like shorts, or tank tops, or anything clingy.(I know, I know, I am living in the wrong area, so sue me) I do however LOVE slacks, sweaters, coats, turtlenecks. Not that I get to wear them for very long down here in the South. I realize that true fall weather is still several weeks away but I am eager with anticipation. It just makes me feel all lit up inside and alive. It brings back fond memories of high school basketball games, Fall Festival and hay rides (achoo, by the way). And this Fall will bring with it the arrival of my newest nephew. He should arrive in November. I can't wait to see him. And my other lil' nephew is doing great by the way. So sweet!!!

I should probably get to bed but I am not tired at the moment. I actually feel like I could run around the yard. Go figure......too bad I don't get that impulse during the day because I could really use the exercise. LOL

2 comments:

KT said...

When I was reading this I thought I had wrote it!! I feel the SAME WAY! Not a shorts girl myself! <~~ especially with the 30something pounds I have gained this pregnancy so far!!!

Mrs. Sofa said...

Loving the weather too!

Also wondering why I can't get the bursts of energy during the day. I think it's the mindset that the kids are asleep - hurry up and get things done :)