About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Today was a first for me....

Well, as some of you know Mule Day was this past weekend. For those of you who don't know......it is a whole day to celebrate mules....yippee....I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. Anyway, I live across the street from the palooza event and therefore get to take advantage of the many visitors to our small town by charging them a fee to park in my yard. So, we made a nice little profit.

And today I went Christmas shopping. It was so nice to have some cash in hand and to be able to actually browse through Toys'R'Us without running into a million other parents. Because lets face it, I am such a procrastintor that I always wait until the last minute to shop for Christmas. But not this year. I deserve a gold star or something. Well, I didn't get a gold star today but I did stop at my favorite bakery to reward myself with cake, lots of cake.

On a side note, both of my children have their birthdays in December as well. I know, I know.....poor planning. But its too late to change it now. So I had quite a bit of shopping to do today for the kids. But guess what?? I did it!!! I am finished with shopping for the boys. It feels great. I still need to shop for my hubby, parents, and M-I-L but that won't take long. So, go ahead and pat me on the back if you feel so inclined. Yeah, I'm bragging... get over it. ;)

So, now I am trying to plan my youngest boys birthday party. I am absolutley no clue what to do. My oldest loved all things tractor so I made ( yes I made it ) a John Deere tractor cake and we decorated with green and yellow. But my little guy doesn't seem overly fond of anything, except his mommy. And I'm not about to make a cake with my picture on it. That would just be a little creepy. Don't you think? So I have contacted a wonderful cake decorator I know. Maybe she will have some ideas (its you, Mrs. Sofa, by the way). So, any of the rest of you have any ideas let me know. He is turning "1".

Good night!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I should have read this before replying to your email. Hmm, I will look online for some ideas. I stuck with "colors" for both of my kiddos first birthday cakes. Give me your regular email and I will foward any pics I find.

Anonymous said...

check out www.weeparty.net, 2 of my best friends have started a party planning business, and they can offer you some ideas. They also sell a party in a box that has all the party hats, plates, etc. Check out thier site! (it's social chick and singer chick by the way!)

Anonymous said...

side note - the party in a box is half off from now until December 22nd!!!