About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Something to help me remember

So, there is this new song that I absolutley LOVE!!!! I find myself listening to it whenever I can. And when I'm not listening to it, I'm singing it or humming it anyway. I love the words. I think it is my mantra right now. (thanks for the cool word, Uncommon Blonde) Anyway, I wanted to share the words so that it could be an encouragement to others.

Still Standing

You gave me courage to believe
That all your goodness I would see
And if it had not been for you
Standing on my side where would I be

If not for your goodness
If not for you grace
I don't know where I would be today
If not for your kindness
I never could say
I'm still standing
If not for you mercy
If not for your love
I most likely would have given up
If not for your favor
I never could say
I'm still standing
But by the grace of God

To you I lift my offering
And set my heart on higher things
For if it had not been for you
Standing on my side where would I be

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand

I'm still standing
But by the grace of GOD!!!

Be blessed!!!!!

4 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

I'm still up for it, if you still want me to do it. My goal is to finish my classes this weekend. My email is ambrle1@aol.com. I just need food coloring in the colors you wanted...I have some, but most are girly. Cake mix, butter...just send me an email and we will figure it out a list;)

Anonymous said...

do youknow who sings this song?

PraiseJunky said...

Israel Houghton is the one who sings it. IT is on his CD but the one I have is the new Free To Worship CD put out by Lakewood Church.

Uncommon Blonde said...

I forgot to give you the link to my ebay stuff. It's all House of Hatten (some collectible) that my grandmother has a ton of. My auctions are up to $250! Christmas money (and it's a good thing because I don't get a Christmas bonus now that I work at a nonprofit) I'm going to post the rest of it tonight!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320186102569&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

I also added a gmail account to my blog so you can email me if you want any (personal) info that we can't post on here that's why I didn't link to my ebay because it has my name