About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Changes

Well, this morning was a big difference from most of the other mornings around my house. Both of my children were up around 5:00am. Yikes!!!! I am NOT a morning person. I think both of them had gotten cold in the night. The heater was on but you could feel the cold seeping in through our 70 year old wood floors. So, I decided to try to put them in bed with my husband and I. Not a good idea. They both just flipped and flopped until all 4 of us were awake. So, here I sit at the computer at 7:00am showered, dressed, make-up on, and with hair fixed. Aside from the fact that I am still tired, I feel pretty good. Several years ago I worked for a school photography company as a photographer. I had to be at the schools when they opened so I could set up before school started. So most days I was up by 4:30 or 5:00am. Looking back, I actually enjoyed those days. I got to see the sunrise every morning and I was off work by noon or 2:30 at the latest. It was good pay and I got to spend time with kids. Not a bad job. Of course that was before I had children. There is no way I would be able to do that now. Nor would I want to.

Now that I have brought it up.........yes, I am a stay-at-home mommy. I love it!!!!!! I am so blessed to have a husband that supports me in this. Although I whine about it sometimes, he works SOOOOO hard to provide for me and the boys that I am able to be home with them at this point in their lives. I teach music for 3 hours a week but I consider that "me time" rather than a job. Plus, it has not taken me away from the boys. Which brings me to the next blessing. I have a wonderful mother that has made herself available to watch my kids whenever I need. I also have a great mother in law that also watches the boys if needed. I realize that in this area of my life, I am somewhat spoiled. I get to stay home with my boys, and have family that can watch them if I need to run out and buy groceries or get a haircut. Its great!!! And no, I am not flaunting...........I am just thankful and grateful and want to say so. So, if you are a mommy out there and you work outside of the home.........more power to you! I am not knocking working at all. It is just not for me at this point. Everyone has to make their own decisions and this is mine.

Oh! and by the way........this is totally off the subject..........but I HATE THE NEW TIME CHANGE!!!! enough said.

So, its Friday again. Time is flying by faster and faster these days. Every time I turn around, another week is gone, then another month and now almost a whole year since my littlest guy was born. Where does the time go? And as I look back I wonder what significant things have I done to show for the time? Yes, I have been raising two little boys....that is a major thing. But what things outside of myself, my family and my little comfort zone? I think I need to think about that some more. I know that I have more to offer than I am putting out there. We all do. And I have begun to realize, with the help of some pretty cool people in my life, that there is a great big world out there and that there are alot of very good things to get involved in. I don't have to stay focused in one town, community or group. When we look at the little things going on around us it is easy to get discouraged and self-involved. But if we look outward, our blessings become launch points for ministry. Our setbacks become foundations for building great things. And everything looks different. So, I am ready for a change. And I think it has more to do with mindset than geography or occupation.
So, off I go to sing songs to God with all of those sweet children at school. If you live close you ought to come by some time. There is nothing like listening to children sing praises to God. It's like getting a sneak preview to heaven.

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

You are very lucky to have your mom close by. That's the only thing I don't like about being so far away from mine. It sure would make it easier when we have kids!

Anonymous said...

Woah Ketura those are some deep thoughts for 7 am. Great blogging. I am enjoying your reading. Love you, Leigh Ann