About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sundays

I love Sundays. Its the only day of the week when my entire little family is together from sun-up to sundown. Plus, we get to go to church and praise the Lord. It recharges my mental, emotional and spiritual batteries. It also allows me the time to think about the blessings in my life instead of being bombarded by "life" and its little annoyances.

I realize now why my parents tried so hard to keep Sunday afternoons so treasured. They must have felt the same way. I didn't always agree with spending that day together but now I am glad that we did. There are so many happy memories that I remember. I wouldn't trade any of them.

I am also grateful to them for the fact that they always took us to church, whether we wanted to go or not. Now, church is such a special part of my life. I am thankful for the teachings that I heard, the scripture that was written on my heart, and the relationship that developed between me and my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Like everyone else out there, I have gone through some junk but its the truth of Gods Word and the strength of Gods character that has kept me going. He was there with me when I had the blood clot in my lung that tried to take me out. And here I stand healed. He was there with me when my sister left this earth and went to be with Jesus. And here I stand comforted. He was with me when I met my husband. And here I stand married with two beautiful sons. He was with me, He is with me, and He will continue to be with me. And He is there for everyone else if they will just turn to Him.

I am so thankful and grateful for today. The fact that I am alive and well to see my husband and two sons is a tremendous blessing. If I could just remember that at the dawn of each day, then I should have no cause to grumble and complain. God is good! And He makes all things new. I love Him so much. He is my everything.

A side note to all you blog readers out there. If you don't know the comfort, joy, peace, and love of God's presence, I pray that you will seek Him out. He loves you so much. All He is waiting for is you, just you. Turn to him. He alone is the answer to all of your questions.

3 comments:

T.M. said...

I love reading your blogs. Some days, what you have to say, is just what I need to hear. Funny how it works out that way. :)

Mrs. Sofa said...

thanks for your encouraging blogs!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing and very well put!