About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Riding the waves

I have spent the last half hour reading blogs of people that I love and consider to be friends, even some family. And it occurred to me that we are all riding our own waves. Some waves are high. Leaving the rider feeling happy, content, hopeful, and ready for the day. While other waves are bottoming out and leaving the rider feeling despair, loss, hurt, pain, and longing for a different day, any day. Life does come in waves, doesn't it? Oh, that it could be a steady ride, especially if we could ride high. But that is not reality.

Maybe those of us that are on the highs are supposed to reach down and help encourage those that are riding low. That is what friendship and love is about. God did not intend for us to walk this road alone. Of course, God is by our side, an ever present help in times of trouble. But what about the people we hold dear? Why are we so hesitant to let others help us? Maybe its pride, but I don't think so. I think we are afraid of letting others and ourselves down. It says in the Bible that "a three strand cord is not easliy broken". So, to me that implies that if we want to stand strong we need other rallied around us to uplift us and encourage us. It also means that we are to encourage others. It goes back to the early church when everyone sold what they had and put all their possessions together and everyone "took what they needed". If we would do that as friends, families, churches and communites imagine the strength and blessing that God could pour out. And I'm not talking about physical possessions right now. But spiritual, emotional and mental possessions. If you've read a scripture that spoke to you, share it. If you heard an excellent sermon, share it. If God gave you a revelation regarding a situation, share it. And if you need a scripture, ask. If you need revelation, ask and seek out others that will pray. It says in the Word that " you have not because you ask not". I am the worst about not admitting when I need help. If someone asks how I am, my automatic answer is fine, great, or wonderful. Even if I have had a crappy day. Why do I do that? Would it be so terrible if someone knew that I had weaknesses and would like help, prayer or both?

Let's lift each other up! I know that God loves me but I can't tell you how much it has brightened my day to know that my friends love and are thinking about and praying for me.
To my family and friends out there, I love you guys! And if you need me, let me know. I mean it!!

1 comment:

S. Oliver said...

Thank you!! You lifted me up! Thank you!