About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Domestic Diva

So, does anybody else out there feel like the clothes take on a life of their own and mulitply when you start washing them? What started out as 4 loads of laundry has become 8. Whats' up with that? Surely, my little family isn't that dirty...........

And today is occurs to me that I need some more closets in my house. I simply do not have enough places to put all of the "stuff' we own. I used to be quite a pack-rat. Not anymore, now I am the "throw it out" queen. Before we had children I thought that our house was "nice sized". Now I think it is shrinking. Either that or the toys are actually growing and getting larger in size. And to think that Christmas and the boys' birthdays are just around the corner. I do not know where we are going to put the boys if their stuff keeps growning. ;)

I had all of these ambitions of all of the wonderful domestic diva things I would do before I got married. Boy, was I naive. Now I still do them. Okay, for those of you out there that actually know me, I will qualify that statement. I do some of them some of the time. Better? I actually do not mind laundry. Although, I hate ironing. I will not buy clothes if they look like they will need ironing at some point. Some call it lazy, I call it planning ahead. I know I won't wear them if I have to iron them, so why buy them? I have a dozen cookbooks and do not cook as much as I should. Now, I do cook and feed my family but I do not consider "Hamburger Helper" cooking. I cooked quite a bit when we first got married. Actually, I cooked every day. But after a couple years of eating alone because my husband worked late, I stopped knocking myself out. Now that I have two little guys that need healthy, nutritious food to eat, I will have to get off my butt and do better. Anybody out there have any time-saving ideas or recipes?
I actually enjoy vaccuming. There is just something about those little stripes in the carpet that make me happy. I just wish they would stay looking like that. We have wood floors and ceramic tile in all rooms but one. So I don't get to vaccum as much as I would like. Oh well, what a problem to have, right? That leads me to my next quandry. Mopping the floors. I love those Swiffer Wet Jets. They work wonders. But I feel that I need to clean the floors in between with the mop and bucket. And since I have wood floors in some rooms and tile and vinyl in others I feel that I need to clean with two seperate products. Murphys Oil Soap for the wood. I hate the way it smells but it keeps the floors from looking dull. And then a Mister Clean for the ceramic. Once again, a lot of work for it not to look any different. Man, I am just rambling today. Sorry about that.

I am wanting to completely gut one of our bathrooms and re-do everything in there. We have not done anything in there since right after we moved in. The placement of everything is wierd. So, I am saving up for a remodel. Anyone out there want to donate to the cause? ???? ;) hahahaha just kidding.

Well, now that I have postponed the inevitable, I guess I should go finish the laundry, sweep and mop the floors and clean the bathrooms before my little angels get up from their naps. Here's to all of the other Dmestic Divas out there. Cheers!! ( oh, I am holding up a Dr. Pepper, by the way)

3 comments:

T.M. said...

Dr. Pepper is sounded pretty good right now. Sonic has drinks half price from 2-4pm now and it's only a mile away. Bad, bad. I don't even to get put shoes on.

After having 2 sick kids all weekend you can just imagine what my house looks like. The ILs will be here next week so I really need to get to it and make it look semi-presentable. Their room and the kitchen anyway.

As for easy dinners... I think I'm getting pretty good at that. What do your kids like/not like? I may have some easy recipes I can share with you.

T.M. said...

err big type-o there - "I don't even need to get out or put shoes on..."

Anonymous said...

great email! i love the lines after the vacuuming too. i have a descent amount of carpet, if you ever need a fix.
please share any recipes with me!! my big question- how does anyone cook with kids holding onto your leg or fussing constantly...the snacks only give me a limited time and then there nagging me again.