About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving????

So, here it is Thanksgiving again. I think that this is probably my favorite holiday of the year. Although the rest of humanity seems content to play down its relevance and are ready to jump to the selfish and commercialized side of Chritmas, I am not. I love the fact that Thanksgiving Day has not been turned into something that its not. It is still a day that families spend together. It is still a whole day in which we conciously take the time to think about the blessings in our lives. I love the smell of dressing cooking, the sound of football games in the background, THE LEFTOVERS!!! But my favorite part is the fact that I am with my family and friends. And I realize that the rest of the world does not celebrate Thansgiving either. Which makes it important as well. We can be grateful for the freedom we have in the good ole USA. Freedom that is being preserved right now by our brothers and sisters in arms across the globe. My heart goes out to the families of those soldiers that are putting themselves between the those that would try to destroy our freedom and the rest of us. It makes me even more thankful for the fact that we can celebrate Thanksgiving.
I also realize that I am blessed beyond measure in so many ways. I have alot to be thankful for.
I was at a funeral today and a young woman was sharing some thoughts about her grandmother. She recited a quote by an anonymous author that really stuck with me and I feel that this week it has relevance.
"I was crying because I had no shoes, and then I saw a man that had no feet."
It makes me realize that even things that I consider liabilities in this life can be counted as blessings if looked at through a different set of lenses.
So, after being inspired by a fellow blogger I have decided to conciously sit down and write out my blessings. Of course there are an infinite number but I can try to cover the big ones.
1. My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, he created me and without him I would be nothing and
have nothing. He is my everything.
2. My health.
3. My husband. (what a man)(I love him so much, you have no idea)
4. Reid (he is an entire blog all by himself)( a precious sweetie!!!)
5. Pierce (also deserves his own blog) (my little angel baby)
6. My mom (also my best friend)
7. My dad (what a nut! lol)
8. My brother (what an awesome guy)
9. My sister (also my best friend and a nut too)
10. My in laws (great additions to our family)
11. Our home
12. Our vehicles
13. Our jobs
14. Our church family
15. Great friends
16. and so many more!!!!!

No comments: