About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Remembrance

Tonight I decided to scroll through some the blog posts I have written over the years and was blessed. I have written at times when I needed to vent, when I needed to ask for prayer, when I wanted to share good news, when I was hurting and needed to process my feelings, when I just wanted to chronicle our life so I wouldn't forget, and times when I was testifying to the greatness of our GOD.

I know that I have been sporadic in writing in the last couple years and have talked myself into thinking that I don't really have anything worthwhile to say. But tonight I realized that isn't true.

I recently went to a funeral and the daughter of the deceased got up and read a letter that her mother had written 60 years ago. It touched everyone in the church. What a treasure to have such a piece of history. So if for no other reason I am going to be writing so my family will have that treasure too. I am not sure how it will all play out but I have decided to write for me and for my Heavenly Father. If we are the only readers that is fine with me. If others are blessed or challenged then that is great too.

No comments: