About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Reflections

It always amazes that the Lord desires to constantly reveal Himself in new ways to me. The boys and I have been going through a devotional about the different names of God and how He used those different names and qualities to reveal the different aspects of His character. No matter what I face in this life He is what I need. He alone is what I need.  What I needed Him to be yesterday He continues to be. But today I may discover a new facet to His loving, compassionate character. I am blown away that He can be all things to all people. I may be needing peace, my son may be needing faith, my husband may be needing perseverance, and our youngest son may be needing joy....all having different needs but finding the answer in the one true GOD. Boggles my mind.

So many times I have tried to look to the flesh to fill a need or to fix a situation....why?

Trusting that I can always find what I need in Jesus does seem simplistic and couterintuitive. But it is the truth. In Him I find love, compassion, forgiveness, acceptance, joy, peace, mercy, grace, faith, provision, protection, admonition, correction, salvation, purpose, perserverance, deliverance, a heart of worship and so much more.

Today I am reflecting on all He is to me. Take a moment and think on who He is to you.

No comments: