About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Some thoughts

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers (sisters), whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith developes perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Romans 5:3-5
But we also rejoice in our suffereings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not dissapoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

I Peter 1:3-7
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade-kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. IN THIS YOU GREATLY REJOICE, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by the fire- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Romans 8:18
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I know that my Father God has a plan and a purpose. And I am so thankful that he loves me enough that he gave me His Holy Word to instrust me, and his Holy Spirit to guide me. I can think back over my life and see that he never has left me nor forsaken me. And I know that because he never changes, that he promises to be with me now and forever more. I love these verses and I needed to share them today and to remind myself what God says and what he has promised to all of us who receive him.

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

Still praying for you. I hope everything is okay.

KT said...

these are always GREAT reminders. HUGS!!!