About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Love Bugs

I know that there is much debate on the origins of the love bug. However, I really don't care where they came from, I just want them to go away.

I realize that they are called "love bugs" for obvious reasons, but I have yet to meet a person that loves them at all. To me, they are a nuisance to contend with that eventually turn into a massacre on the front of cars. And the fact that they are almost impossible to clean off just increases the animosity. But I am an adult and I know from many years expereince that they won't hurt me and that after they finish procreating that they will either die or move on to harass someone else.

My children on the other hand are petrified of the flying vermin. My oldest had a fit last week that lasted a couple hours. He was convinced that one had gotten in his ear and wouldn't let me look at it or touch it for hours. And every time he sees one or has to go outside, he literally "freaks out". If it wasn't my kid I would probably laugh my backside off at his antics. And that brings me to my youngest....he is now also afraid of them thanks to his older brothers loud shanigans. He will holler, stomp his feet and point while yelling "bug-o".

The fact that our house is old and has poor seals around the doors has only added to the frustration because I can't seem to keep them out of the house.(the bugs, not the kids)

So, I have come up with a poem to express my feelings.

Love bugs, love bugs go away.
Don't ever come back or I'll make you pay.

I know, I know, its not original or even great but it was worth a try.

Well, gotta go....the scene is replaying itself as I type. Gotta go kill love bugs and restore order in my home.

4 comments:

Aelon said...

I haven't seen any down here yet, maybe they don't like the beach. One can only hope:)

T.M. said...

Definitely don't miss those out here. I have a cricket infestation. Chirp, chirp, chirp. Ahh!!

Uncommon Blonde said...

I hate those things. Good luck keeping the little suckers away from your boys. To Aelon, we will see them down here but not nearly as many and usually away from the city/downtown areas near the interstate.

Mrs. Sofa said...

Well our house is fairly new and they still get in!!
My kids actually like them...strange! I don't like them one bit.
Ready for them to leave so we can walk outside and not worry about inhaling one ;)