About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My friends, my buddy

Alright, it is still not "official" but I am still feeling a little bummed about something. But before I tell you why, I need to give you some background info.

Hubby & I married over 8 years ago. And we met our first "couple" friends. No, this story is not about them. Anyway, my girlfriend introduced us to her brother, John. At the time he was single and working as an EMT. I must say he is a super guy. And I finally met someone that was as much of a nerd about board games as I was. Anyway, whenever we got together with our couple friends, John would come and we would all have a great time. Then one night he brought a lady-friend with him. I liked her immediately. She was witty, funny, sarcastic, and a blast be be around. They dated, got engaged and married all in about 9 months. We still saw them occassionally but not as often since the other couple had moved away.

Leigh and John had a baby and went on with their lives. After hubby & I had our first child, Leigh and I decided to get together with the boys. And that began the beginning of a wonderful friendship. We have gone through pregnangies, child rearing and other stuff (Leigh you know what I'm talking about) together. So, here I was rolling along and just assuming that not only would we be friends forever (BFF 4EVR)but that we would live near each other. But God had other ideas. After searching the Lord and seeking His will, they both knew that the Lord was calling them into full-time ministry. A big step of faith for them, I know. But they had the Lords peace and 2 years ago they moved about 70 miles away so John could pastor a church. While I have not seen them as often as I would like, the drive is still an easy one and we have tried to get together as often as is possible.

But over the past 6 months or so, John & Leigh have known that the Lord was calling them somewhere else. Somewhere that would take them farther away from family, friends and the familiar. And while I am so excited to know that God is doing something wonderful in them and through them I am still bummed that my friend is going to be so far away. My boys already miss her boys. And even though they haven't moved yet, I am already missing Leigh. I know that God is taking care of them and leading them and that they are being obedient but it still hurts.

So, here are just a few things I want everyone to know about my wonderful friend.

*she is compassionate & caring
*she is funny, witty & saracastic in a way that only she can be
*she is a terrific mother
*she is a great wife. John is blessed to have her
*she is sooo organized and a neat-freak (I was hoping that might rub off on me)
*she loves the Lord and wants to share Him with everyone she meets
*she is a trusted friend and confidant that has been there for me so many times when I just needed someone to talk to
*she is a prayer warrior.
*she is a true servant of the Lord.

Leigh, you know I love you girl. Fortunately with technology these days, we can still call, email and talk regularly. I am praying for you guys in the coming weeks. I am here if you need me.

Everyone else, please be in prayer for John & Leigh. This is a big step and they need prayer covering right now. Thanks.

So thankful to have such a terrific friend. Love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you very much and I am in tears right now and speechless. Which doesn't happen very often. I will surely miss you and your wonderful family but I am looking forward to our next visit.