About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ever wonder?

Ever wonder why when things are going great and smooth in your life that usually the first thing to go is the really close relationship with God? I mean you may still spend time with Him, reading the Bible, praying, attending church, praising Him. But it seems to go from that desperate search for Him and all He has planned to more of a aquaintance type relationship. It must completely break His heart when that happens. Because as our Father he desires that we have what we need, are happy, fulfilled and healthy. But I am learning that what He desires more is that we are in His will and that He has the intimate relationship with us that He had in mind when He created man. So looking through that perspective its no wonder that when things seem to go sideways that we look to Him. But how sad that it takes things falling apart before we desire that close realtionship.

For it is only the Lord that will never dissapoint me. He loves me unconditionally. He has wonderful plans for me. He wants to give me a future and a hope.

Looking back over my life I can remember some pretty terrible times. But it was during those times that I was walking closest to the Lord. The sweetests times I have had with my Father, Lord and Savior was when my world was falling down around me. I wouldn't trade those times for anything. The lessons I learned, the revelations I received, and the intimacy I felt with the Father far outweigh the comforts of this world. I only wish that I could remember to not let life get in the way when this seem to turn around for my good. For who turned the tide? Not me.

Oh Lord, How I love you and wish to be used by you. Re-ignite the fire of passionate love for your fellowship, your Word, the Bible and service in your kingdom. Thank you for the many undeserved blessings in my life. As the song says....Draw me close to you. There are not words for the gratitude I feel for all that you have done for me. All I can give is my life. Please use it.

1 comment:

KT said...

Draw me to close to you...how I LOVE that song!
I wish I could help or have the words to help.