About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We Are Back

We have been home almost a week now but because of technical difficulties (crappy computer) this is the first time I have had an opportunity to blog. I had alot of funny stuff to blog about from our trip but I have since forgotten almost everything. So sorry. Oh, I do remember one thing.

It all starts with my overwhelming need to make sure my children were occupied on the trip. You all remember the DVD player I bought at Christmas, right? Well, the cords that I had to plug it into the cigarette lighter were not long enough. So we had to stop at WallyWorld before we even got out of town. Did anyone else know that they don't make them any longer? But don't even get me started on that...... Anyway, I had to buy an adapter that would turn the cigarette lighter into a regular plug in for the other plug I had. So $40 bucks later we are on our way, with quiet kids in the back. So I think that it was worth it. That is until it quits working 3 hours later. And before I get hate mail......no my kids had not been watching movies for that entire time. They slept a good bit of it. Well, being that we are in the middle of nowhere, we had to wait until we reached civilization to exchange the darn thing. That brings us to Maumelle Arkansas.(a sidenote......this was one of the cutest towns I have seen in a long time, I would move there in a heartbeat). We decided to eat some dinner at Taco Bueno (so much better than Taco Bell). As we were cleaning out the trash, my sister (7 1/2 months pregnant) threw away the stuff I needed to exchange. So we had to go back to the dumpster and she had to fish it out. Did I mention that the bag it was all in was the bag I threw the stinkiest diaper in the world into? Yeah, it was bad.......So after fishing it out of the dumpster and retrieving the crappy electronics, we drove to another WallyWorld with the stinky bag hanging out the window (yes it was THAT bad). So, I go to exchange it and when I get the new one to the car, it won't stay in the lighter. SO we had to prop it up with books. And those of you with kids understand that yes, all of this trouble and money was worth it, right? And to those of you who don't, just wait, and don't judge me. I used to be one of those women that said I would never ..........too. Things change when you are trying to drive across the country and maintain your sanity.

Oh! And we stopped on the way to eat a picinic lunch. Well after driving for a long time and not finding a rest area we pulled off the road to find somewhere to eat. We finally found some picnic tables at a bar in the middle of nowhere. I only mention it because they had a sign posted that said this:

IF YOU ARE UNDER 21 THEN GO BACK TO THE WALMART PARKING LOT TO HANG OUT.

I kid you not. This was posted by the front door. I thought it was hilarious.

I am glad to be home. I do think that Oklahoma must be located in the Twilight Zone though. My children were complete angels while we were there. My youngest never threw a fit or screamed or anything. He even made friends with everyone he met. Now that is really weird. He is not very social as a general rule. Then we got home and they were back to being themselves. I have been teasing my husband that maybe they don't like where we live or they are allergic and that we need to move. Maumelle is calling my name. No worries though......I am not going anywhere. At least not right now.

Well, I guess I will go finish laundry today. YIPPEE!! Thank you to all that were thinking about us and praying that we had a safe trip. It was a great trip!!

4 comments:

Heather Suber said...

What an adventure! I know you are happy to be home. I am glad you had a good trip. I love your funny story! Try to remember the others, I would love to hear them!

Anonymous said...

I am guilty of saying a couple 'I will never' before the kiddos came along. Not anymore :)

Glad your back safe and sound!

T.M. said...

I said I would never let my kids watch tv until they were two. LOL!!

No hate mail here. I have a DVD player in my car. Glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

That walmart thing is the funniest thing I've read in a long time! I think I'll have to quote it on the chicks!