About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Get a clue....

Things have been rolling right along at our house. Last week the boys and I went over to visit my brother and sister in law. My sister & brother in law and my parents went as well. 5 days at the beach in a tricked out condo was just what the doctor ordered. So thank you to my brother for making it happen.

The last few days I think I have my sister "nesting syndrome". I have been reorganizing and cleaning the entire house. And I was actually enjoying it. Go figure....

Sunday morning we woke up late and missed church. When the oldest asked if we were going my hubby told him "not today". So yesterday morning my son and I were having a discussion about lying and how it makes Jesus sad when we lie. I also told him that his friends wouldn't want to play with him or talk to him if he lied. He looked at me and told me that his friends wouldn't talk to him anyway because we weren't going to church anymore. I told him that "yes, we will be going to church in 5 days" But he informed me that daddy told him that we weren't going to church anymore. I had to call the hubby so he could explain it to him. You never know about the things they really take to heart. Needless to say the hubby felt bad about it all. But it is all cleared up now, I hope.

I seriously could write a book filled with the things my oldest son says. The younger one just kind of grunts and squeals. They are so different. But I am sure it will make for a good balance in our family. The hubby and I couldn't be any different. I talk all the time, he is shy and quiet. I am outgoing, he is an introvert. I am a skeptic, he is trusting and compassionate. The list goes on and on.

My sisters baby shower is this Saturday. I can't wait. It should be a nice time of celebration. It will also be nice to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while. Sofabulous is making the cake. I can't wait to see it and to eat it. Yum, Yum. I can't believe I will get to hold my little nephew in less than a month. Too cool!

Gotta give a shout out to the SevenChicks for the awesome baby shower they threw for PlannerChick. I wasn't able to attend but saw the pics. Those girls have got some serious skills. I loved the watermelon teapot and orange teacups. Way to go Sassy!!

Can't believe that this year is already half over. Time is flying....

Well, gonna go reorganize my kitchen cabinets. Yippee!!!

3 comments:

T.M. said...

Hey! You're back. I've been looking at your blog almost every day wondering when I'd see something new. It sure does sound like you're sharing the nesting. LOL Send me some of that, I have plenty to do before hubby gets here next month.

Anonymous said...

Glad your back too, I've been checking also.

I LOVE when I get in that nesting mode (cleaning mode). I could clean all day...wish they happened a lot more often!

KT said...

I can't wait for the shower!! I miss your fam SO MUCH!
Glad you are getting things done around your house, when you run out of things to do, come on over to mine!!