About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Americas Got What???

Now those of you who actually know me out in the real world already know that I am a reality TV junky. I have gotten better. Now I only watch American Idol when it is on. But there was a time that I was a complete sucker for anything "reality" based. (as if it really could be reality with cameras in your face 24/7)

Anyway, I digress.....

I was cruising the net earlier and came across an ad for "America's Got Talent". Now, I know that I should probably not knock a show that I have only seen 1 time but I can't help myself. There are how many millions of people in America? A bunch right? So it strikes me kind of funny that the judges on this particular show are either British or David Hasselhoff. Are we, as a country, that desperate? Do we really need a pompous Brit, Sharon Osbourne (who is known for her taste and delicate manner, yeah right) and the guy who got famous for either driving a talking car (NightRider) or running along a beach (Baywatch) deciding if we should feel good about ourselves or not? I think not!!! give me a break. It is too ludricrous to be be believed. And don't even get me started on "Nashville Star". Who out there understands why in the world Jewel is singing country now? It seems that they will let just about anybody on the radio these days and that they can cross over to another genre at a whim. oh! And if you can't make it as a rock star, try Christian, and then if that doesn't work out, try Country. I know a guy who did that. It is totally pathetic to me. If you don't know who you are then why would you think that anyone else would want to listen to you?

So, that is my rant for the day. Have a nice day.

No comments: