About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Watabagutata Pshaw

This is what i am hearing from my littlest guy. He is trying so hard to talk but it is coming out as the cutest jibberish you have ever heard. He is so intent and speaks with such inflection that it is absolutely hilarious. He says some words very well, you know.....mama, daddy, bye, bye, etc. But he will talk for minutes on end with his "special" dialect. TOO Cute!!!

I am sooooo tired of my hair. I can't decide if I am growing it out or if I just haven't made it to the hairdresser in a while. I want it to either be shorter or I want it alot longer than it is. I hate the growing out process, which is probably why I usually give up and get it cut shorter again. My hubby like long hair (what is with guys and long hair?) but I prefer it shorter. So, there is the quandry. I am beginning to feel like a chia pet or a very fluffy Q-tip. My hair is very thick and it is just wanting to stand up everwhere. And the fact that I do not like to spend alot of time on my hair is not helping. And to think I wanted to go to cosmetology school when I was younger.....what a joke.

My oldest son thinks that he is "the boss". He likes to tell his brother what to do, when to do it, what not to do. Right now the youngest is freakin out because his brother took his cup and told him that he didn't need it. I guess I can't get too frustrated because I made my brother and sisters miserable with my constant " I know best because I am the oldest" attitude. Maybe it is a first born thing. Not sure. But I am "paying for my raising".

Thursday I took the kids to town to eat lunch with Mamaw and my sister. On the way my oldest told me that we needed to buy a playground for our house. I told him that we would need to save some money up before we could buy one but that we would get one soon. Then I forgot about it. Well, all afternoon he kept checking his pockets for money and when he couldn't find it he would ask one of us for some more change. So we would give him some. When we got in the car to come home, he said that we needed to go to the store to get a playground. Actually he said that we needed to go to Lowes. I told him that we couldn't buy it because momma needed to save some money and he fell apart crying telling me that he had money to buy it. It was so pathetic. That is why he was collecting money all afternoon. He was saving money for the playground. It was one of those moments that you wish was on tape so you could show it to them later. He was so serious and I had to explain that I was proud of him for saving money but we needed to save more. Children are so precious!!!! Oh how I love those two little boys.

6 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

The playground story is soo cute! How funny that he thought he could accomplish that saving in one afternoon.

KT said...

He is a MAN ON A MISSION!! How cute!! Keep these stories coming!!
I know what ya mean in the hair dept! I wish I would go to cosmetology school JUST so I coud learn how to fix my own hair...ugh!

Aelon said...

That story was sweet, makes you want to be able to give them the world. Then, you check your account and say, "not today." lol

T.M. said...

Boy, he is bossy just like my daughter. I bet they would drive each other crazy after a day or two. :)

Mrs. Sofa said...

love the title!!
i love when they start rambling in their own words...so cute!
Ava puts the phone up to here ear and lets the jibber jabber flow

Mrs. Sofa said...

Tell your little guy he can come play on our swingset anytime!