About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers

I guess I have been in extreme denial but there is just no denying it any longer. SO here it goes...

My body has been stolen by someone and replaced with a squishy, misproportioned body.

I was never what most people considered skinny but I was for the most part okay with my body. I liked to think that I had a "Jessica Rabbit" thing going on. You know, the boobs, the hips, the butt. Well, no longer. My slender waist has been replaced by an inner tube, my boobs have completely deflated and decided to travel south indefinitley, and my butt has drooped and spread. If I had started out this way, I probably wouldn't be complaining that much because I am not overweight or unfit. Its just that the body I had before I had children went on vacation and decided to never come back. The thing I am having the most problem with is that my stomach is no longer trim and taut. It still has not recovered from my two 9lb2oz babies. It just sits there taunting me.

Now, I cannot say that I am without fault. I did decide to have two wonderful children and I did decide to eat everything and anything I wanted and I did decide that exercise is for the birds. It just hit me that I am almost 29 and that my body needs my help if I want it to look better. It's not like I am 18 anymore. Oh, to have that body back.........and I didn't appreciate it then. Boy, was I stupid.

So, here is to rice cakes, gallons of water, and loads of Pilates and exercise.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

2 comments:

T.M. said...

You are so beautiful just the way you are. I wish I could be as thin!! I hear ya though... even when you do loose the weight, stuff jiggles that didn't used to.

Mrs. Sofa said...

I have a tattoo on the infamous part just above my butt. My hubby says, I don't remember your tat being that high - what he doesn't realize is that my butt has just lowered over the years.

Here's to the unappreciated bodies we had before children ;)