About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, April 11, 2008

How much is that little boy in the window?

The one with the beautiful blue eyes?

Ok, my oldest is drving me a bit batty today. It seems that it does not matter what his brother has, he wants it, wherever his brother is, he needs to be velcroed to his side or pushing him down. And this morning he threw his brother out of his little chair and gave him a black eye. So big brother is in his room, alone, for his own protection. (from me) Don't get me wrong, I love my children but I cannot stand to see them inflicting pain on each other. And as a general rule, it is the oldest giving and the youngest getting it. My littlest guy is so tolerant of big brother and probably the toughest kid I have seen in a long time. So it is just frustrating to see him getting bullied and beat up. Makes me feel like I did something wrong as a momma. And before I get comments saying that I am too hard on myself, let me just say that I think I am a pretty good momma. I love my kids, I am just having a "moment".

On another note, the hubby and are going to a "Victory Weekend" at our church tonight and tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. Please pray that we learn what we need to learn and that we will be willing to let God work in us. For those of you who know us, this is a huge thing for us, to be going as a couple. So already that is a praise report.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

I feel the same with Dawson. He can't just leave his sister alone. He was with a sitter today and she said he kept bossing her around. Oh boy!

KT said...

Thats awesome about your praise report!! :)
Are you still going to the same church your parents are going to? I think Jesse and I might try there!

Uncommon Blonde said...

I saw two brothers having a slap fight with each other today and thought of this post. There will probably be many more days of this in their future. Just take deep breaths :)