About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

The hubby and I just finished watching "The Passion of the Christ". It has become a tradition at our house to watch this movie the week before Easter. It helps remind us of all that Jesus went through to offer salvation and reconcilitation to us. It never fails to break through that outer shell that I try to keep erected so I won't get emotional. When I see with my own eyes a representation of how much Christ loved all of us, I can't help but cry. And the part that gets me the most is that he continued to pray for those that were hating him so much that they killed him. Oh, how hard that must have been. I know how hard it would be for me.

The hubby and I were discussing if Jesus saw all of our faces on that long walk up to Calvary. I think he must have to keep walking. I know that he was 100% God on earth but he was also 100% man as well. That surrender to Gods will must have been the hardest thing ever. I can only hope to be transformed by his example.

But the thing that gives me the greatest hope is that he rose again to defeat Satan and to redeem us to Himself. Hallelujah!!! I will live with him in heaven someday and enjoy relationship with him now because of his sacrifice, his love for me and my faith and belief that He is who he says he is and that he did what he did. Some say it is too simple. Yes and no.......yes, to choose to believe it is simple, to walk your life out in a way that tells everyone else you believe it is a daily struggle. But I praise the Lord for his love, his mercy, his grace, and his forgiveness. Without him and his sacrifice I would be lost. But thank the Lord that I am found in His loving arms. The love he has for all of us is so great that it cannot be measured but we can stop and remember and thank him for it.

So THANK YOU MY LORD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST!!! Oh, how I love you!

Happy Easter to all of you. May your day be blessed.

1 comment:

KT said...

What a GREAT tradition! Thank you for sharing! You're an amazing woman! THanks for the inspiration!