About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday again?

This morning I am finding myself having trouble to get motivated to do anything constructive. I do not feel sick but I am not feeling 100% either. I think it is allergies. Anyway, I am wanting to lay on the couch and watch the Lifetime Movie Channel and veg out. The problem with that plan is that I have two very active little boys that have other plans. When I really think about it...that is a good thing. They make it nearly impossible to be lazy. So I get things done whether I feel like it or not.

I missed church yesterday. I am kinda bummed about that. The little guy had a runny nose and was coughing so I didn't want to take him to the nursery so he could infect other kids. I am a bit ticky about the whole nursery thing. My kids have not been children that get sick.....until we started looking for a new church. I don't understand what is so hard about NOT taking kids to the nursery if they don't feel well. However, apparently it is a concept that alot of parents just don't get. Either that or they don't care. I am tired of taking the kids to church only to have them get sick after being there. So I am now in the position of having to decide what to do. I am tired of the kids not feeling well but I also LOVE going to church. So, I guess prayer is in order so the hubby and I will know what to do. I know this may seem like a very "small, tiny thing" to get ticky about but this is how I feel.

The other day as I was cleaning house ( I got inspired after my last blog) my 3 year old asked me about a picture of a baby on the mantle of the fireplace. I told him that it was him when he was a baby. He looked at me with his big blue eyes and said that he had been in my tummy and when he came out he was "yucky". Then he told me about getting cleaned up. So I then sat down and told him about when he was born. It was a wonderful mommy-son moment. (the other kiddo was napping) Then he asked me to tell him some more stories. It was priceless. So we sat down and looked at photo albums of when me and the hubby got married and kept looking until we got to the pictures of the boys. He was fascinated. He has always been a very special little boy but it hit me that day about how fast he is growing up. Too fast! And he is now wearing big boy underwear and doing wonderfully. Hallelujah!

The littlest little guy is a bit of an enigma to me. He is so much like his daddy that it is comical. He is totally different than his brother but I believe that they will compliment each other nicely as they grow up together. They play together now for hours at a time and actually enjoy it. So nice for mommy.....gives me time to do other things. But the "first-born" bossyness has already begun. I hear my 3 year old saying the same things I tell him to the little guy. Kind of funny to hear it come out of his mouth.

My sister is doing great with her pregnancy. She is supposed to go today and get some ultrasound pictures taken. She is sooooo excited. And although I already have 2 kids of my own I am feeling exhilerated about being an aunt. I can't wait to see the little one when it gets here. I can't believe that my little sister is going to be a mommy. TOOOOOO COOOOOL!! I had a dream about the baby the other night. Curious to see if the baby will look anything like my dream. So proud of her and her husband.

My husbands sister had an accident several days ago and had to have surgery. She is doing well and should be able to go home soon. But I think that it hit my husband that he does not like living 1500 miles from his sister. And I have seen a protective, "Papa Bear" thing in him that I have never seen before. I know that he loves his sister but I think he has missed her more than he has been willing to admit. He wants her to happy and fulfilled and wants her to follow her dreams but it is apparent that her moving away affected him more than he let on. So I pray that this event will bring about change in alot of areas for her personally and spiritually and will also bring her and my hubby closer. They need each other even if they think otherwise.

Well, I guess I should clean up the breakfast dishes. So glad that it is sunny outside. Makes things bright and shiny somehow. Thank the Lord I don't live in Seattle with its 300 days of rain a year.

2 comments:

T.M. said...

I understand how you feel about church. Maybe it will get better as it gets warmer, less colds getting passed around.
When is your sister's due date?

Uncommon Blonde said...

I can't believe your sister is having a baby. I feel like I'm behind! haha ... one more reason to have one of my weekly baby freak outs.