About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Reason

Well, last night my husband was kind enough to bring home some chocolate! Brownie-points for him. Then the reason I was craving chocolate showed up. Yippee! But at least the mystery of the choco-craving is solved.

I had a running dialogue of blog material earlier this evening and now I cannot remember a single thing. So I will just take a minute to list some things I love about my hubby.

1. I love that he loves God with all of his heart.

2. I love that he loves me. He and I have known each other for half my life. We met when I was 14 years old. He went home that night and told his mom that he met the girl he was going to marry. So sweet! He asked me out but since he was 21 and too old, I had to say no. Four years passed, I called him and the rest is history.

3. I love that he loves our two little boys. They joy that I see on his face when he is with them lights up my heart.

4. I love that he is a hard-worker. He takes his supportive role of taking care of our family very seriously. While he can work too hard sometimes, I never have to worry about him doing his best for us.

5. I love that he is a caring, compassionte, kind, and giving person.

6. I love that he is a good listener. And he is a great secret keeper.

7. I love that he still melts my butter after almost 8 years together.

8. I love that he doesn't mind helping me out around the house. He actually is better at cleaning than I am.

9. I love that he has introduced me to things that I might not have ever had an appreciation for otherwise. Things like the outdoors, fishing, riding tractors, etc.

10. I love that he supports me in my choices, talents, and plans. It means so much to have him by my side.

I can't believe that we have known each other for 14 years and have been married for almost 8 years. There have been ups and downs but we still stand side by side only by the grace of God.

I look forward to many years ahead. Oh! And the fact that he is tall, muscular, with piercing blue eyes doesn't hurt either!!!

4 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

Wow, that's really sweet! Sounds like you have a wonderful hubby and it's nice to take a minute to really appreciate all of these little things that make him so special!

KT said...

I love he still MELTS YOUR BUTTER!
too cute!
You are a VERY blessed young lady! :)

T.M. said...

You made me smile. He melts your butter. That's cute! I know someone who says "he's the ice in my coke."

Mrs. Sofa said...

awe how sweet!
hubby's b-day is right before valentines, so i have a list similar to what you blogged about waiting to give to him on his b-day. then I may post just because i think it's got some funny things in there too :)