About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Feelin A Little Hostile

Alright, I am sick and tired of all of these "scary", "gorey", basically "demonic" previews for upcoming movies plastered across our television airways. Now don't get me wrong, I do watch television (probably too much, I always have a quote form some show or movie to share in answer to lifes questions) but I do not want my little guys brains distorted by all of the crap out there. I won't even go off about the practically naked women or the blatant sexuality. That is a completely differnent blog. But these terrible images flashing across the screen before you can turn the channel is about to make me go batty. And I am not talking about movie channels, or local channels either. They are on ABC family and Discovery to name a few. I realize that I am the police of the minds at my house but come on. The reason I watch those channels is because I feel they are relatively safe. UH!! NOT ANYMORE! Yes I know that is a ploy to corrupt our children younger and younger. But I hesitate to think about what kind of people we are grooming here. Personally I do not want desensitized, uncaring, unfeeling people being responsible for my well being as I grow older. Do you? I am actually mad enough to pull the TV out of the house. It looks like a huge idol anyway. We have a humongous big screen TV and a matching entertainment center. It basically takes up one whole wall of the living room. I will have to convince the hubby so we will see. Ok, I guess I have vented enough.....breathe Praise Junky, breath.

On a positive note, my family is feeling much better after a week of not feeling well. I will spare you the details. Your welcome. Anyway, I would like to offer thanks to God for His healing power and health. He is so good.

4 comments:

KT said...

U aint LIYING! I don't even watch commercials anymore (which my husband HATES byt he way!) i always turn them. <~~ he thinks I am a BIG baby, but I don't even want those images in MY head, so I can't imagine having children around. Good lucking watching ANY channel!

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more. I'm even fustrated with myspace for putting the scary previews on the home page. I hate scary anything!
I don't do commercials either. I have to DVR everything, then watch it...saves time!
Glad you all are feeling better!

Uncommon Blonde said...

I could feel your anger coming through on this post. I hate scary previews, they give me nightmares and I'm an adult! I could go off with you on the way media is continuing the corruption of society, it's ridiculous. If you want to watch something interesting search for Jackson Katz "Tough Guise" on YouTube. It will make you very aware about how society is training boys to be "men"

crazymommyofthree said...

Ok, well I have a pretty good suggestion for this one that the hubby would agree with too...do what I do and only play movies if they are gonna watch t.v. (now we both know it is not actually by choice that I dont have cable but whatever). The other suggestion would be to only have cable in the master bedroom which is what I did, but not too sure how the hubby would feel about that, beeing that the BIG screen tv is one of his pride and joys...lol (would be mine too)!!