About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ratatouille

The new favorite kid friendly movie that has captured the attention of my two little guys is Ratatouille. It is about a rat that loves to cook. He ends up in a resturant in Paris helping a young man with no cooking skills whatsoever. It is a cute little movie. Anyway, last week I was telling my hubby that I needed a chef, you know to cook really nutritous and wonderful tasting meals for my family. It is not that I can't cook, it's just that since I am a rather picky eater, I am not very imaginative with meal planning. Therefore I get stuck in a rut. Sorry, I digress. Well, this morning as I am fixing breakfast for the munchkins I see a mouse run across the kitchen floor. Of course I freak out and yell for my hubby to come quick. I do not want that germ infested rodent running loose in my house. And do you know what his response was?

"There is your chef".

He did not offer to find the mouse, he actually told me that they are cute and just "passing through". I told him to remember that when his bread for sandwiches had "cute" little teeth marks on it. YUCK!! Is all I can say. I hope that little mouse keeps on going because if I see him again I am afraid it will be the death of one of us.

I was thinking about how to kill it and then I got all paranoid thinking about Bunny Foo Foo and her demise. If your curious, look up Uncommon Blonde for the full story. So now I do not know what to do. Maybe it will decide to just not come back. I hope so. I would hate for the little guys to see me squash a mouse that looks like their new friend Remi on Ratatouille.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that movie. I could watch it over and over again. Daws calls it ra-tooey and he loves to watch too. Thank goodness for those movies or I may never get a breather:)

Anonymous said...

I have heard so many good things about this movie. E is supposed to be getting it from her grandparents for her b-day, so I only have to wait a couple of more weeks. lol

Uncommon Blonde said...

Thanks for the shout out :) It's true though ... that poison is no joke BUT I'm with you on not being a fan of those little friends venturing indoors.