About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Everything

As I begin this new year I am adjusting to new in just about every area of my life. While on one hand it can be exciting to contemplate the possibilites of the future, it is also scary and uncertain. I realize that in the major things of my life I am extremely blessed and that has not changed. So, a part of me feels guilty for feeling anything but thankfulness.

We visited a new church this morning. The praise and worship was great. I can honestly say that I felt the Lords presence in the service. The sermon was about FAITH. It was almost like the pastor was talking straight to me. I know that others felt the same thing. Anyway, I needed to hear what he was saying. I think that over the past year I have become a bit self-absorbed. And in my life that always leads to discontent and regret. There have been alot of changes lately and I hope that I have responded in the "right" way but I realized this morning that I have tried to "deal" in my own strength, not Gods'.

So, I wanted to share a little bit about what I learned today. Granted, I have heard this before but I still haven't learned the lesson, obviously....

4 Types of False Faith:

1. Head Faith - you think you know the Lord but you haven't surrendered your heart, your will and your life to Him. You know that Jesus was a good man and you live a moral life but your life is not centered around Biblical priniciples.
- this type of faith is not true faith that leads to salvation or the fullness of Christ
2. Feeling Faith - trusting on your senses and what you can see to tell you what to do. Being directed by emotions, or lack of emotions to determine your walk with the Lord and where He is leading you.
- this type of faith is not true faith because it is centered on us and how we are feeling.
Our feeling are always changing and most of the time our flesh does not line up with Gods'
Word. To rely on ourselves is not true faith.
3. Crisis Faith - only crying out to God when things don't go our way. We seek His blessing and relief from our problems but we are unwilling to be obedient to His commands for our lives. After the pressure is off and we are comfortable with our lives again, we stop seeking Him.
- this type of faith is not true faith because it is once again about us and what we can get out
of it.
4. Dead Faith - faith with our words but no actions to back it up. We talk a good talk but fail to produce any lasting results for Gods kingdom.
- this type of faith is not true faith because it is more about appearances and our own
comfort that stepping out and doing something significant for God

* I realized this morning that I have displayed and walked in every one of these. I have been raised in church my entire life. And it is easy to put on an appearance of godliness and still be lost inside. Yes, I am a Christian. I was saved when I was 7 years old. I am going to spend eternity in Heaven with my Heavenly Father. But I want more than that. I want to make a difference on this earth for God. He has done so much for me. Shouldn't I be more concerned with what I can do for Him? I don't want to be the same person I am in a year. I want to grow in Gods Word, see more of His presence in my life, and truly make an impact on the world around me. I know that there are many out there right now reading this that feel the same way I do. So, here is the definition of FAITH that the pastor gave this morning.

F - find out what God is doing.
A - align your life to what God is doing.
I - It is impossible to please God without faith.
T - trust and depend on God. only God.
H - hoping for the promises of God to be fulfilled. in my life.

I am ready for change even if it scares the crap out of me. I heard someone say that if you want something different, you have to DO something different. You can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results. So, I want to do and be something different. For God, for myself, and for my future. Faith in His plan for me is the first step. Then comes faith to take the first step. With Gods' help I can do it. I know I can. And so can you.

Lets make this next year the best year ever. I am trusting God for miracles, direction and a new passion for God, His Word and life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I heard someone say that if you want something different, you have to DO something different. " This is so true. Everything you said, actually. I feels like that was written just for me! I've been going back and forth with taking a parenting class (one that lasts several months) due to all the chaos in our house and now that I read that sentence, I know I need to pick up the phone and register. So tomorrow morning it is... :)