About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

You Talking To Me?

I have realized that as I read books, blogs, e-mails, listen to sermons, do Bible studies that there usually comes a point and time that I begin to feel "uncomfortable". We all know that feeling. The feeling inside that screams "how could they say that?" or "who are they to say that?" or "Hmm..I wonder what is up their butt?" or even "that is so off base" and I begin to take things personally. I try to figure out what they were "really" trying to say. But the more I think and pray about it I have realized that most of the time that I begin to get that gnawing feeling is because what they said hit a little too close to home. It made me think about things I would rather forget and not deal with. And it is because I am feeling that way that I need to dig my heels in and face whatever the Lord is trying to tell me. He is truth, He is grace, He is mercy and because He is who He is, it will make my flesh uncomfortable. My flesh might even want to revolt and cast blame on those that are sharing the truth of God's Word. But true and lasting change is only possible through Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. So it is time that I let myself be uncomfortable and sit at the feet of Jesus and get to know Him for all He is. And to be thankful for all the people who love the Lord enough to speak truth, even if it isn't popular and makes us "church folk" uncomfortable.

No comments: