About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Grow up!

I Corinthians 13:11-12 (Amplified)

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man (woman), I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.
For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God].

God has been dealing with me about growing up in all areas of my life. He gave me this scripture and it has been a constant reminder that I don't know what He knows. And my rebellion and disobedience aren't going to get me closer to being the person that I know I want to be. Being a grown up requires discipline and work. It is time to step up and quit making excuses for where I am in my life. Nothing is going to change unless I make different choices, speak different words, think different thoughts, and do things different. Do I have the guts and determination to do it? I pray for His strength and grace.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sofa said...

It can be hard being a mature adult. There are people who like to challenge my maturity, but it's great knowing I can be the better, bigger person.