About Me

My photo
I am a wife, a mommy, a home educator, and domestic goddess, a sister, a daughter, a friend, a musician, a reader, a writer, and a lover of Jesus Christ.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Funk Buster

Today I woke up in a funk. I drug around the house feeling overwhelmed and aggrivated. I called my hubby to vent and he was so kind, compassionate and loving. He encouraged me so much. But the thing that helped the most was when he said "when you get home, I want you to spend some time with the Lord, go outside, sit under the tree, tell the boys to play, tell them you need some God time, they can handle it". It was a timely reminder that I cannot be the wife, mom, sister and woman that God wants me to be if I am not taking the time to make sure I am built up in the Lord. Hearing my husband audibly give permission to put aside the things that consume me was like a breath of fresh air. So I did. I came home, fed the boys and we went outside. They played and I spent some intentional time with my Heavenly Father. And just like every other time, He showed up. He spoke to me through His Word and encouraged me. He led me to scriptures that I can say to speak to my situation and to build my faith. My God never dissapoints. It is only when I get mired down in myself that I forget that wonderfual attribute.

Please make the time to build yourself up in the Lord.

Here is a song that the Lord has been using to encourage me. Hope it ministers to you as well.

1 comment:

Fearfully. Wonderfully. said...

i woke up in a funk too! good post!